At Logic Lounge Psychology, you get to choose your Psychologist. We have a diverse team that you can choose from, spread across several locations around Sydney.
We can assure you that costs have been taken into consideration, take a look at our fees page. Financial distress fees can be discussed with our administration team.
How to obtain a Mental Health Care Plan?
- Visit or call (Telehealth) your your general practitioner (GP) and discuss your psychological concerns.
- After a GP assessment, they will be able to provide you with a referral (Mental Health Treatment Plan) to us.
What is a Mental Health Care Plan?
- A Mental Health Care Plan provides you with an initial six sessions. After your sixth session you will be required to re-visit your GP to obtain an extra four sessions.
- Per calendar year you are able to access 10 psychology sessions with a valid Mental Health Care Plan.
- After you have attended 10 sessions, you can either access sessions through your private health fund or pay privately to continue therapy.
What happens if I don’t want to tell my doctor? or can’t get an appointment with a GP?
- You can come visit us and we’ll charge you our standard session fees;
- You can claim back some of this cost from your Private Health insurance (check with your insurance company)
What are the conditions for financial distress?
- Pensioner or Disability pension card holder; or
- Long-term unemployment
At Logic Lounge Psychology, there may be times where you experience financial difficulty, you can therefore discuss your treatment plan and fees with our administration team, or your individual Psychologist.
What happens during a psychology session?
For those of you who have not visited a psychologist previously, you might feel a little nervous about attending your first session.
When you arrive at Logic Lounge Psychology for your first session, you will be required to complete a consent and intake form, if you have not completed the electronic version that is sent to you. The psychologist may also require you to complete some brief assessments.
During the first few therapy sessions the psychologist will be assessing your case on an individual basis to provide you with the most evidence-based solution.