Consultation fees at psychology practices are based on The Australian Psychological Society (APS) schedule of recommended fees.
For new patients only – We are currently offering a bulk billing rate for your first 2 sessions if booked in from 9-11am (there is no out-of-pocket costs if you have a Mental Health Care Plan). If you can’t make this time, please call us on 0416 254 189 to discuss the fees for the session.
If you do not have a Mental Health Care Plan or do not intend on getting one, we are charging a flat fee of $150 for our sessions.
If you have private health insurance you may be able to claim the out of pocket expense.
At Gordon Psychology, we have options for individuals experiencing financial hardship & we can be flexible dependent on the situation. Call us to discuss further – 0416 254 189.
Mental Health Care Plan – Better Access to Mental Health Initiative
A Medicare rebate is available to individuals who have obtained a mental health care plan from their GP. Medicare rebates are paid into your cheque or savings account at the end of the session.
How to Obtain a Mental Health Care Plan:
1. Make an appointment with your GP, Paediatrician or Psychiatrist and request for an assessment of your mental health. A longer consultation with your doctor may be required for the completion of the Mental Health Care Plan under the Better Access to Mental Health Initiative.
2. Your GP or specialist will determine whether you are eligible for a mental health care plan by undertaking appropriate assessments.
3. Request for your GP or specialist to refer you to Gordon Psychology.
4. Once your doctor has provided you with a mental health care plan, you will be able to access a maximum of 10 individual psychology sessions per calendar year (1 January – 31 December).
5. With your mental health care plan, a Medicare rebate will be claimable for a partial amount of each of the 10 sessions.
6. Initially individuals will be provided with a maximum of 6 sessions. After which the individual will need to return to their referring doctor for a follow-up review. Gordon Psychology will send a written report back to your referring doctor.
7. Following the review with your doctor, you can then book in for your additional 4 sessions under your mental health care plan.
A refund may also be available under your private health fund. Please contact your health fund to inquire about your eligibility.
Individuals are eligible to access a Medicare rebate for up to 10 group therapy sessions per calendar year (1 January – 31 December) in addition to 10 individual sessions. Your referring doctor must assess group sessions as appropriate.
Pregnancy Support Counselling
Females who are currently pregnant or have been pregnant in the past 12 months are eligible for non-directive counselling with a Psychologist to address pregnancy related issues. You will need to obtain a referral from your General Practitioner to Gordon Psychology to obtain a maximum of non-directive pregnancy support counselling sessions per pregnancy.
|MBS Item Number||Service Type||Service Length||Rebate|
|80110||Individual Session||50+ minutes||$86.15|
|80120||Group Session of 6-10 people||60 minutes||$21.65|
|81000||Pregnancy Support||30 minutes||$62.20|
If you need to cancel or change your appointment time, please contact us 24-hours prior to your scheduled session. A cancellation fee will apply if 24 hours notice is not provided. Please note that a rebate is not claimable for a cancelled session.
24/7 Emergency Contact Numbers
Lifeline (Crisis support, suicide prevention) 13 11 14
Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
Salvo Care Line (suicide prevention & bereavement) 1300 363 622
Mental Health Line 1800 011 511
Kids Help Line (ages 5 -25) 1800 551 800
Monday – Friday Support Numbers (9am – 5pm)
SANE Helpline 1800 187 263
The Black Dog Institute (02) 9382 4530