Consultation fees at psychology practices are based on The Australian Psychological Society (APS) schedule of recommended fees.
At Gordon Psychology, we have options for individuals experiencing financial hardship & we can be flexible dependent on the situation. Call us to discuss further 0416 254 189.
For new patients only
- We are currently offering a bulk billing rate if you are experiencing financial difficulty (there is no out-of-pocket costs if you have a Mental Health Care Plan). Book online or call 0416 254 189 for an appointment now
If you do not have a Mental Health Care Plan or do not intend on getting one, we are charging a flat fee of $150 for our sessions.
- If you have private health insurance you may be able to claim the out of pocket expense.
Mental Health Care Plan – Better Access to Mental Health Initiative
- A Medicare rebate is available to individuals who have obtained a mental health care plan from their GP. Medicare rebates are paid into your cheque or savings account at the end of the session.
- How to obtain a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP):
- Make an appointment with your GP, Paediatrician or Psychiatrist and request for an assessment of your mental health. A longer consultation with your doctor may be required for the completion of the Mental Health Care Plan under the Better Access to Mental Health Initiative.
- Your GP or specialist will determine whether you are eligible for a mental health care plan by undertaking appropriate assessments
- Request for your GP or specialist to refer you to Gordon Psychology.
- Once your doctor has provided you with a mental health care plan, you will be able to access a maximum of 10 individual psychology sessions per calendar year (1 January – 31 December).
- With your mental health care plan, a Medicare rebate will be claimable for a partial amount of each of the 10 sessions.
- Initially individuals will be provided with a maximum of 6 sessions. After which the individual will need to return to their referring doctor for a follow-up review. Gordon Psychology will send a written report back to your referring doctor.
- Following the review with your doctor, you can then book in for your additional 4 sessions under your mental health care plan.
- A refund may also be available under your private health fund. Please contact your health fund to inquire about your eligibility.
- Individuals are eligible to access a Medicare rebate for up to 10 group therapy sessions per calendar year (1 January – 31 December) in addition to 10 individual sessions.
- Your referring doctor must assess group sessions as appropriate.
Pregnancy Support Counselling
Females who are currently pregnant or have been pregnant in the past 12 months are eligible for non-directive counselling with a Psychologist to address pregnancy related issues. You will need to obtain a referral from your General Practitioner to Gordon Psychology to obtain a maximum of non-directive pregnancy support counselling sessions per pregnancy.
|MBS Item Number||Service Type||Service Length||Rebate|
|80110||Individual Session||50+ minutes||$86.15|
|80120||Group Session of 6-10 people||60 minutes||$22.00|
|81000||Pregnancy Support||30 minutes||$63.20|
- If you need to cancel or change your appointment time, please contact us 24-hours prior to your scheduled session.
- A cancellation fee will apply if 24-hours notice is not provided.
- Please note that a rebate is not claimable for a cancelled session.
24/7 Emergency Contact Numbers
- Ambulance 000
- Lifeline (Crisis support, suicide prevention) 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
- Salvo Care Line (suicide prevention & bereavement) 1300 363 622
- Mental Health Line 1800 011 511
- Kids Help Line (ages 5 -25) 1800 551 800
Monday – Friday Support Numbers (9am – 5pm)